Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) is an educational program designed to help change agents motivated to bring positive change to their organization, by providing ways to promote and support new ways of working. These leaders will understand what it takes to lead in a complex environment with a rapid pace of change. Leaders will learn fundamental agile principles, examples, tools and patterns to put into practice in their workplace to move their company towards agility. Through the CAL program, you can increase your leadership effectiveness and learn how to be a better leader, no matter what your role.
CAL is for you if you are:
- going through an agile transformation.
- wanting to learn about agile and business agility.
- wanting to achieve results without burnout.
- wanting to be more marketable for other positions within their organization and/or other companies.
Through CAL you will be starting on your journey to more effective leadership, learning principles which apply to leading your life, team and organization.
- Techniques for incorporating feedback that improve your ability to inspect and adapt your leadership effectiveness.
- Skills on integrating alternative perspectives and engaging others to improve trust, collaboration, and business outcomes.
- Learning how other organizations have benefited from using agility to enhance their organizational structure and culture and adaptiveness.
- Learning change management approaches that will help to reduce bottlenecks and conflict within the organization using metrics.
The Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) program (CAL I + CAL II) is a unique two-part education and practice-based program to develop agile leadership competency and maturity.
The first step in this program is to take the CAL I course and receive your CAL I credential. CAL I can be a 2 day in person course or spread out over time, where leaders learn the concepts of agility and organizational design. This can be done through a public offering or in-house by a Scrum Alliance Certified Educator.
Leaders continue their agile leadership journey by pursuing CAL II consisting of validated practice, and a peer-based workshop diving deeper into the theory and practice of business agility. The duration of this program, in person or live online, varies from a 2 day workshop to a year long journey depending on the educator.